Friday, October 7, 2011

Spotlight Interview: Maria Rita Penteado





Originally from Brazil, Maria Rita Penteado had won every Bodybuilding competition she had entered before the 2011 Arnold's. Because of a ridiculous rule, she can not do National shows due to not being a U.S. citizen. That is a shame because I truly believe she would do very well at National shows. Rita brings a great physique, highlighted by her incredible delts, and a great stage presence. Rita has the physique, looks and attitude to be a star in the fitness industry.

Q: You are originally from Brazil. What brought you to America?
A: I came her to study English and then I started competing in Bodybuilding and stayed in the Country.

Q: What was the hardest thing for you to get used to in America?
A: The language I think I was the worst haha.

Q: How did you get interested in Bodybuilding?
A: When I was 15 years old I started training with weights because I was too little, too skinny. I wanted to put on some size and a little bit of muscle. I saw good results and kept doing it.
Q: When you first started, did you expect you would get as into it as you are?
A: No! But I always liked it. I always admired the athletes.


Q: When you started did you have anybody you looked up to or admired?
A: Not really anyone special. But there were tv shows about fitness I always watched. They taught about exercise and talk about dieting. It helps if you watch. I always watched and learned from it and went to college for Physical Education and that's how I got into that.

Q: Up until the Arnold's you had won every show you did....
A: Haha!

Q: But you couldn't do a National show, can you explain why?
A: Yeah, I am not allowed. I need to be an American citizen and I am from Brazil.

Q: Does that get frustrating?
A: A little bit. But I do it for fun. There is nowhere to go so I just do Regional shows.

Q: When you keep winning, does it get hard to find motivation to get better?
A: No, it doesn't hurt the motivation.

Q: After doing the Arnold's are there any improvements you need to make?
A: I need to get as lean as I can. They dropped the middleweight class, so that was hard for me. They had lightweight and heavyweight, so I tried to drop to 12 and my competition weight is 128-129, so I ended up at heavyweight and flat. So it didn't work, if they have middleweight, then maybe next, year and if not, I don't know.

Q: Looking back at all the shows you won, is there one that means most to you?
A: Not really, but I really liked how I looked at Europa Battle of Champions in Connecticut.

Q: I am a fan of your delts, but do you have a part you think is your best?
A: My back and shoulders.

Q: Can you give an idea of what you do for delts?
A: I like lateral raises and shoulder press. I think it helps develop my shoulders best. I keep doing that and see results.

Q: When you are in the gym, being attractive and with your physique, do you get a lot of attention.

Q: Thank you. Yeah I do.

Q: Does it get annoying?
A: No, people are nice. They say "You look good". No one is offensive.

Q: Do you know whats next as far as competing?
A: Not yet. I took the summer to rest and then get excited for next year.

Q: Would you be interested in fitness modeling?
A: Yeah. I do some photo shoots when I am getting ready for shows and when I am in good shape I do some pictures. Nothing crazy, just for myself.

Q: Before we finish, anyone you want to thank?
A: I want to thank you for the opportunity. Thanks to everyone who supports me as an athelte and likes my work or writes me on Facebook. All those people.

1 comment:

  1. wow,I am amazed after seeing your fitness body.
    If you don't mine, how many time you take exercise in a day?. Although we need low fat diet because which is helpful to make fitness body.

    ReplyDelete