Friday, May 20, 2011

Nick Cotto Interview


Nick Cotto recently made her stage debut at the Texas Shredder. She did not place, but she looked incredible. With her obvious love for training and the gym, there is little doubt that if Nick keeps competing she will keep improving and keep moving up in placings.



Q: First, Nick, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: Thanks you its my absolute pleasure

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I was born and raised in England and moved to America when I married my husband 20 years ago. He is from Chicago, we have 3 children, 19,16 and 2 (2 boys and a girl)

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: I was a professional Dancer, who went to performing arts college in England. That kept me very athletic.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: Trying to loose baby weight after ballooning up to 208 pounds


Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: Yes I love to be in the gym, and after I got my first taste of teaching kickboxing classes I was hooked.

Q: You just competed for the first time. What show did you do and how did you do?
A: I did the Texas Shredder In Austin, I did not place, but It was such a great experience

Q: Is competing something your family and friends supported?
A: Yes very much so, there is no way I could of done it without their support

Q: Was competing what you expected or did anything surprise you about it?
A: Competing was not what I expected at all, what surprised me the most was all the advice I got about posing, every one had a different way of posing.

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: My shoulders


Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: I like to train my shoulders the most, but My favorite way to train is outside of the gym, I love to flip my tractor tires and run with sandbags.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: I worked out 5 days a week, I did not do a lot of cardio as it made my muscles look long and lean rather than full, I ate clean all the way up and just made sure I drank massive amounts of water

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: It has been very positive, the main reaction I get is "will you be my trainer?".


Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: There really has not been one

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: That women get huge, which always makes me laugh and go into my dissertation on how that just will not happen.

Q: What is the best and worst part of training for you?
A: The best part is seeing results, the worst part is when the gym closes.


Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I had a picture of Ava Cowen's abs all the way through my training.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Cape Cod salt and vinegar kettle chips

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Get a good trainer and a good nutritionist, and make sure you have plenty of money set aside, this sport is not cheap

Q: Do you think its becoming more common to see women using the weights in the gym as opposed to just doing cardio and things?
A: It is becoming more common, I just wished we had more where I worked out, on the military base

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love to be with my family, If I have them and my workouts I am pretty much set.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Nick Cotto.
A: Up at around 6am, get my baby girl up and ready for the day, Playtime, then gym time, cook for my family, usually go back to the gym with my husband in the evening, If I am not in the gym or at the track I am at home, with my family

Q: Describe Nick Cotto in five words.
A: Focused, Loyal, Competitive, Outgoing, Driven

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: That I am British and I have an accent

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: Yes I am already signed up for a triathlon in Sept, the Tuff Mudder in December and the Disney princess half marathon in Feb 2012

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: www.flesh2fresh.com we specialize in transforming you from home, no matter where you are in the world, we can reach you.


Q: Are you looking for sponsors?
A: It would be great if I could get a sponsor, especially for the 40 year old and over, which I think are the most competitive age group.

Q: Nick, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
A: I would like to thanks you for this blog, it was a great source of inspiration when I was going through all of my transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment