Tuesday, September 14, 2010

IFBB Pro Kristina Rojas Interview






To win your Pro card is an accomplishment. But how amazing is it to win your IFBB Pro card in your FIRST National competition. That is what Kristina Rojas did at age 20. It was her third show overall. And at age 23 she is only going to keep improving. I think you can expect to see a lot bigger things from this beautiful Fitness Pro.





Q: First, Kristina, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I am an IFBB Fitness Pro, born and raised in McAllen TX. Im 23 years old and currently going to school studying to be registered dietitian. I am a certified personal trainer as well. I earned my pro card in fitness at my 1st nationals show at age 20.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or
anything?
A: Before the gym I was extremely active and have been practically my whole life. I was in cheerleading, tumbling, soccer and track.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: What initially led me to the gym was the fact that when I graduated high school I realized that I would no longer be involved in sports. I did cheer for the University of Texas Pan American but I still wanted to be able to have great intense workouts so I enrolled in a gym.

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started
to see results?
A: I was able to pick up training fairly easy because my track coach in high school had us in the the weight room at times..so I knew basic exercises. I would also take a peak at what the trainers at the gym had there clients doing and I would follow along! haha secretly.. I actually started seeing results within a few months of weight training.. for a while I was training hard but wouldn't see results but it was because I had the wrong reception of how it was to eat..I was not eating enough..once I got my diet on check I started to see results faster..

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: I have always wanted to compete since high school but i never knew how or what I needed to do to compete..It wasn't until I got a job as a personal trainer that my boss told me that I should compete in fitness with all my cheerleading and gymnastics background..So I found out all the information I've always wanted to know and I went for it..at that time I was 19.

Q: Was competing what you expected? Did anything surprise you about it?
A: Competing was more than I expected..I absolutely fell in love with the sport!

Q: You earned your Pro card at the NPC Nationals. What went through your head
right when you found out you got it?
A: I won my pro card at age 20 at my 1st NPC Fitness Nationals ..I couldn't believe it when it happened.. it felt so surreal..it took me a while to sink it all in and realize what had just happened..

Q: What does it mean to you personally to have the Pro card?
A: I feel so privileged to have a pro card. To have this accomplishment at such a young age is definitely a blessing.. I feel so thankful to have been given this opportunity to be an IFBB PRO.

Q: Can you share your contest history
A:
*2006 NPC Gateway Classic Fitness 1st
*2007 NPC John Sherman Classic Fitness 1st
*2007 NPC Fitness Nationals Class A 1st PRO CARD*
*2008 IFBB Europa Super Show 9th
*2009 IFBB Europa Super Show 6th
*2009 IFBB Ft. Lauderdal Cup 4th
*2010 IFBB NY Pro Fitness 7th
*2010 IFBB Europa Show of Champions 5th


Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: My best body part would be my legs

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: I love to train legs..love those lunges

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the
one thing you wish people understood?
A: Down here in the Valley where I live competing is not a big thing and not too many people know this life of being a fitness competitor..I hate that as soon as someone finds out that you compete they automatically think you are on steroids..total misconception..

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The best part of competing for me is the self accomplish..that I am able to take my physique to another level and show on stage all my hard work, sacrifices, and determination I have put into this. Worst part of it is that sometimes making sacrifices with family functions. Where food is around and you have to watch everyone eat.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I admire Adela Garcia.. She has inspired me in so many ways..she has guided me throughout my whole fitness journey..she is so motivating and inspirational..she is such an amazing person inside and out.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: My favorite cheat food is sushi

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Kristina Rojas.
A: A typical day for me is waking up at 430 to go do my cardio, cooking my food for the day, going to school, training and then work

Q: Describe Kristina Rojas in five words.
A: Outgoing, Determined, Motivated, Positive, Energetic

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I will be competing at the 2010 IFBB Ft Lauderdale Cup in Nov

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I am part of Adelas O.F.F Challenge Team.Check out our website and join our forum. www.offchallenge.com

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they
getting in Kristina Rojas the athlete and competitor?
A: Yes I am currently looking for sponsors..they can reach me at fitnessglam@aol.com
They will get someone who is very outgoing and motivating..I have a great personality, I love to meet new people and get along great with others

Q: Kristina, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words
before you go?
A: Thank you so much for this opportunity..

No comments:

Post a Comment