Monday, July 19, 2010

IFBB Pro Stacy Wright Team Universe Interview





At Team Universe, Stacy Wright won what many thought she should have won already, her IFBB Pro card. You are always happy for someone when they reach such a huge goal, but for Stacy you are extra happy. Because Stacy is extra deserving. She is an incredible dedicated and hard working woman. There are many things to be fascinated by with Stacy, she is beautiful, great physique, very friendly, but another really thing to like is her energy and passion in her routines. You can see it even in photos of the routine parts of Fitness competitions. With her continued hard work, dedication, passion, and as you will read, support from her husband, Stacy winning her Pro card is just the tip of the iceberg in how far she is going to go in the Fitness industry.





Q: Stacy, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.
A: No Problem! Thanks for having me back! =)

Q: For those who may have missed the first interview, can you tell a little about yourself.
A: I'm 27 years old from Charleston, West Virginia. I work as a registered nurse and personal trainer. I started competing in 2005 and switched over to the NPC in 2007. My husband and I work together on my training and nutrition. He's my best friend and soul mate! This Friday, July 16th we will be celebrating out 6th wedding anniversary! I'm so glad we get to share this journey together!

Q: First I must say congrats on winning the Overall at Team Universe and earning your Pro card.
A: Thank you VERY much!

Q: What does the Pro card mean to you personally?
A: I can't put it in words! It just means that with hard work, dedication, and using your gifts from God to their fullest potential you can accomplish ANYTHING! I am so grateful!

Q: As a show itself what did you think of it?
A: The show was GREAT! Your typical national show with so many amazing competitors! I, personally, love that type of stage for my routine so I was very pleased with the location.

Q: How confident were you going in?
A: To be honest, I was pretty sure I could pull off a pro card. Coming off of Jr Nationals placing 2nd and then getting 3 more weeks to work on my physique and clean up the routine that last little bit I knew I could come in better. The thing is, you're never guaranteed anything so you really never KNOW! With every show I get better, so does my competition. All I know, is I did my best and the rest is out of my hands.

Q: After pre-judging how were you feeling about your chances?
A: I felt really good about my routine after Friday night. For me, it was probably one of the best times I'd ever run through it. The physique round was Saturday morning. Backstage was very hot so I was afraid after sitting around for some time what I might look like on stage. I must have looked okay because they moved me in from the outer side for comparisons. I knew then I had to at least be in the running.

Q: How did you feel about the overall package your brought to the stage?
A: I felt like I brought a great package to the stage. I definitely try to bring the muscle and conditioning but with a side of girl-next-door added on! haha!

Q: What part of your physique would you say was the one you have improved the most the last year?
A: This year the goal was just to be able to keep as much muscle as possible while dieting down. So I would say I most improved on conditioning, while keeping my muscles full. If I did have to pick something out, I would say my triceps have really made a lot of progress over the past year.

Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you want to improve on?
A: There are always things to improve on! You'll hear me talk many times about progress. That's all you can ask for from year to year and show to show. Many changes in my physique have taken place over the years... I just plan to continue making changes and improving each year from show to show!



Q: Did your prep go as smoothly as hoped for?
A: Prep never goes smoothly! Life gets in the way. haha! I just have learned to accept that and do the best I can! This year I had some back problems which put a damper on my off season progress and I was even afraid I wouldn't be able to compete at all. I worked with a chiropractor and went ahead and did that Pittsburgh show on May 1st. After I did my routine at the finals, my back was pretty sore. Two days later, I woke up and felt brand new! My back hasn't hurt me since! I said it's a good thing I did that show because somewhere in the mix it fixed my back! haha! Who would've thought!?
Aside from that, I've been working my crazy 12 hour shifts at the hospital, my husband competed in his bodybuilding show, and then right before Jr Nationals we found out my grandmother was sick. Family ALWAYS comes first! So with prep it always becomes a balancing act. But in everything we do in life we have to find a balance, but you make time for the things you love!

Q: Is there a point in the prep process where you say "O.K. I am ready"?
A: Once I run through my routine perfect a few days before leaving for the show, it boosts my confidence and I know I'm ready.

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next time?
A: Like I keep saying, there's always room for improvement! Each prep I have to relearn my body with each different situation. This time was such a great accomplishment because we were able to get all my meals in and figure out what my body needed for energy and to be effective both in my training, but also at work. Since I'm an RN at the hospital working 12+ hour shifts, that truly is a great accomplishment for me to pull that off!

Q: After a show like that, are you mentally drained at all?
A: ABSOLUTELY!!

Q: The week before a show like that, what were you thinking about? Nervous or excited, or what?
A: I was just in coast mode, trying to soak up every bit of excitement I could. I had to work the 3 days before leaving for the show. Then Thursday the 8th, when we were traveling to NJ... that was my birthday! So I tried to just make the most of every little bit of this weekend!

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what were you thinking about?
A: It was pretty deep the last 5 minutes before I hit the stage for my routine Friday night. To be honest, I said a prayer and thought of my husband out in the crowd ready to cheer me on! He is amazing and I couldn't do it without him! I also thought of what my Dad told me before I left home. I was afraid to leave because my grandma was doing progressively worse. My dad told me when he hugged me to "Win it for Maw-maw!" God gave me SUCH a peace before walking on stage I cannot even begin to describe it. It gave me chills when I walked off stage and one of the girls told me I had a 'glow' about me that she'd never seen before. It was beautiful!

Q: When you are on stage did you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing?
A: I don't try to figure out the judges. I smile and enjoy myself and hope they like what they see and can feel my excitement!

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: I really wanted Chili's, as many of you know! haha! It's my favorite. By the time the show was over though, they were already closed. Andrew and I went to TGI Fridays instead and I still got my chicken quesadillas!

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
A: I am always very impressed by the other competitors! Everyone brings something different to the table and has their own strengths! It's just a blessing to me that the overall package I brought to the stage at this show just happened to be rewarded! I am sooo thankful!

Q: Anyone you got to meet or see for the first time that you were excited about?
With the boards online and the girls I meet from show to show, it's always so exciting to be backstage! Some of these girls I only see once or twice a year IF that, so it's almost like a reunion when we all get together! Especially the fitness girls, we are such a tight knit group, I love being a part of such great and inspirational group!

Q: How important is support from family and friends at a show like this?
A: I could not do ANY of this if it wasn't for my husband! He's my husband, best friend, trainer, nutritionist, tanner, chef, teammate, and soul mate! This sport is hard enough as it is, but having him by my side assisting me all along the way and giving me the reassurance that this is what I'm destined for and what I always dreamed of keeps me focused and on the right track! He knows what I need and when I need it. Of all the shows I've done he's been there cheering me on at every single one! My parents and in-laws are all very supportive as well! They know that I'm doing what I love and accomplishing great things so they are VERY proud and wish me the best at it because it makes me so happy!

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: To be honest, I'm trying to figure out the details for World's to see if it's something doable. My body at this point and time is ready for a break, and I want to do this for the long haul so want to be careful not to have to shift into overdrive. I also will have to come up with a new routine, figure out my work schedule, and a few other details as well that throw a wrench in the loop. It IS a great opportunity and I would want to go and represent my country in the best light! So if things work out it looks like Mexico at the end of September. If not, that's okay too. Either way my pro debut on the IFBB stage will probably be in 2011. Again, I plan to be in this for the long haul, so want to do what's best for my body both to heal up after a full contest season as well as give myself some time to push some weight and make changes needed to compete in the pros.

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: You probably get sick of hearing me say it but... you know the answer to this... my husband. =) I also like to thank Tamee Marie for making me such a BEAUTIFUL suit and for being there by my side while we won our pro cards together! That is such an honor to me! Jason and Siouxcountry.com for having such a wonderful and supportive site.

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: Well, my website is about to go under some major construction! LOTS of new things around the corner and on the horizon! Please feel free to check it out at StacyWright.net! Please email me with any questions or thoughts! I love to hear from you! I am expanding from training and nutrition to choreography and posing and full out coaching all across the board.. whether it be fitness, figure, bodybuilding (male or female), bikini, or even if you don't compete and just want to get in shape... there are lots of options available! My husband and I will be working together for Wright Way Fitness to provide the best one on one options available! Please feel free to email me at Stacy@StacyWright.net

Q: How does this sound: IFBB Pro Stacy Wright?
A: It's a good fit, don't you think!? ;)

Q: Stacy again, congrats, you deserve all your success. Any last words before you go?
A: Thank you so much for your ongoing support and for promoting these fabulous ladies like you do! It's an HONOR to be interviewed by you a second time! Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment