Sunday, July 11, 2010

IFBB Pro Debbie Fowler Jr. Nationals Interview





One thing I will always remember is the second I found out Debbie Fowler won her IFBB Pro card at Jr. Nationals. She was so deserving, and has been deserving of it, and to find out it happened was so exciting. Debbie has worked so hard for it, and that hard work paid off. Debbie is such an inspirational woman and the kind of person you root for to be a success. In this interview she says she always wanted to belong in that group, but really, she has belonged since long before earning the card, it just wasn't official. Debbie has become a friend and someone I really admire. To say I am proud of her does not quite cut it, because it is so much more than pride. In a sport full of inspiring people, Debbie is and will always be at the top of the list. Debbie, I am really proud of and happy for you. You earned it.





Q: Debbie, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.
A: It's my pleasure.

Q: For those who may have missed the first interview, can you tell a little about yourself.
A: I am a 44 yr old stay at home mother of three. Nick is 18, Gabi is 14 and Ben is 11. Been married for 16 years to the man of my dreams. My husband is in the Air Force so we have lived all over the country.

Q: I must congratulate you for winning your class at the Jr. Nats and now receiving your Pro card.
A: Thank you so much.

Q: What did it feel like to first hear you got your Pro card and are now considered one of the elite?
A: Still trying to let it sink in. To say I was shocked is an understatement.

Q: For you personally, what does that Pro card mean?
A: It really means the world to me. I always watch the big shows and follow the blogs and I really wanted to be part of that group but wasn't sure it would happen, because of my age.

Q: I saw some people blame the electricity problem saying it threw them off. Did it have any effect on you?
A: Actually it did have an effect on me. It totally put my nerves to rest. After the two hour delay I just decided to get on that stage and have a blast.

Q: After pre-judging how were you feeling about your chances?
A: I felt I was probably in the top three.

Q: How did you feel about the overall package your brought to the stage?
A: I was very happy with the way I presented myself. It's the best I've ever looked. I have to give credit to Jack and Ann Titone for my physique. They totally changed how I look and how I present myself.

Q: What part of your physique would you say was the one you have improved the most the last year?
A: Probably my rear end. It's taken me four years to get it this way. I've been sitting on it for 44 years so it took a while.



Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you wan to improve on?
A: I need to add some muscle before I hit the pro stage.

Q: Did your prep go as smoothly as hoped for?
A: It went very smoothly. Adela and I put my routine together at the end of last year so I've had plenty of time to work on it. We get together every so often and go over it, trying to improve it. I signed on with the Jacked Up Diva team in March and that was the best decision I ever made. Jack Titone took my dieting to a whole new level. I'm not going to say the diet was easy, but it worked!

Q: Is there a point in the prep process where you say "O.K. I am ready"?
A: I did the Emerald Cup in April and I don't think I have ever been that ready for a show. In the weeks leading up to Jr Nationals I just tweeked my diet a little and added some difficulty to my routine, so I was pretty ready for Jr Nats.

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next time?
A: Not a thing!

Q: After a show like that, are you mentally drained at all?
A: No, I'm the kind of person that is ready for the next challenge. I've actually taken this past week off and it's killing me. Can't wait to hit the gym hard again starting tomorrow.

Q: The week before a show like that, what were you thinking about? Nervous or excited, or what?
A: I was a little nervous but mostly excited. I just felt really good going into the show and thought I had a good chance of doing well.

Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what were you thinking about?
A: You know, the fitness girls are a blast. I was second in my class, so before I went on I was cheering on Babbette Mulford. We are all very supportive of each other.

Q: When you are on stage did you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing?
A: The lights are so bright that I really couldn't see their faces. I was having a great time so I was hoping the audience could see that.

Q: Probably a stupid question but where would you rank this show in your list of achievements in the sport?
A: Top of the list Jason!

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: I had pizza and Ann Titone dumped her fries on top of it, so I ate those too. I also really wanted a cold beer. Don't know why, I don't drink beer.

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
A: All of them! Lishia Dean's routines are always very fun to watch. Cinzia Clapp also had a very original routine. Michelle Blank's pirate routine rocked. I can go on and on but everyone was pretty darn good at this show.

Q: Anyone you got to meet or see for the first time that you were excited about?
A: Nicole Duncan. Love, love, love her routines.

Q: How important is support from family and friends at a show like this?
A: It's really important. They are the ones who see the bad moods, the struggle and the disappointments. But they are also there for the good times and accomplishments. My kids are my biggest cheerleaders. I think they are pretty proud of their mom and I can't thank or love them enough.

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: Ft Lauderdale Pro in November.

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: Definitely! Jack and Ann Titone, Adela Garcia, Kelly Pettiford and Laura Boisacq

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: Sure I'll plug me. Sponsors would be great! Jacked Up Divas rock! I highly recommend joining this team!

Q: How does this sound: Debbie Fowler IFBB Pro!
A: Music to my ears!

Q: Debbie you have become a friend and someone I truly admire. I am so proud of you and you deserve all your success. Any last words before you go?
A: I want to thank you Jason and all that you are doing to help promote the women in this industry. Not alot of men would take the time out of their day to do what you do. You are truly appreciated. I can't wait to see you on stage in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment