Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gabriella Luciano Interview







A gymnast for 25 years, entering the fitness industry seems like a natural destination for someone looking for a new sport. But that does not mean they will be a success. But in Gabriella Luciano's case, you have to believe any goal she has, she will be a success at it, and that is what has happened with her fitness goals. I found Gabriella based on my interview with someone else, and am very glad I did because Gabriella is an amazing woman, and not only does she look great, but she is also a very kind woman. SO here is a chance to know more about Gabriella Luciano.




Q: First, Gabriella, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I Am from a family of 4 kids. Italian descent but I was born in Montréal. I am 34years old and married for 7 yr now to a polish man. I am a fashion designer for 11 years now and I am a partner of a division in a large Canadian company. My labels runs under the brand nitrogen.
I am also a certified nutritionist with both Corfit and ISSA and certified trainer with corfit.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or anything?
A: I am was a gymnast for 25 years of my life. Began at the age of 4

Q: What initially led you into the gym.
A: I began my career in the fitness worlds as a gymnast 25 years ago.
I followed for 10 years a strict diet and training regiment in order to later compete.
However, my career finally ended after my 2nd competition when I broke my wrist again during one of my routines. I had problems with my wrist for many years and never did anything about it I only ignored and pushed harder at it in the gym. It was made very clear to me from my doctors that my gymnast dream career was over. My extremely small bones were so fragile and my diet that I had been doing for years had further destroyed my bone density. The truth was despite my build I was not helping it because of my gymnastic diet beginning way before my peak growth; my strict diet was deteriorating my body. I finally ended my career and for 4 years I was depressed feeling like a failure. I continued going to school excelling in a career of fashion but destroying my body even further. I was practically never eating only because I was too depressed and the attention of being thin was like being on stage. This continued until I ended up in the hospital. This too many may seem like the point where they take there life in there own hands and this is exactly what I did. I decided to get away from all this and enjoy my life (since I had lost so many years).I later got married and am now running a junior line mainly denim division as VP brand director.3 years ago I decided that I should take on training once again to better my mind and self image because like anything I do I was getting so involved and ended up sick with chrons disease.
A few months later I learned about fitness and thought that this would be a great outlet too relive my stress and challenge myself outside of my job. My first competition “fame east” was great I felt I had achieved self victory .But as time went by my competitive self was once again facing health issues that was prohibiting further growth. I continued competing in Fame and soon took the title of 1st place at fame this October. I decided that it was time to better understand how I can help so I graduated in both nutrition and training with corfit this year. My goals continue to be competing and one day being able to help those in similar situations

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started to see results?
A: I started 6 years ago but it took 4 years for me to finally see results that made me happy.

Q: What made you decide to compete for the first time?
A: A few months later I learned about fitness and thought that this would be a great outlet too relive my stress and challenge myself outside of my job

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time?
A: Not really, no one saw the point, but I am someone who makes goals for myself and I do not need any reassurance.

Q: Was competing what you expected? Did anything surprise you about it?
A: Yes surprised about the unfairness. Some woman where clearly on stuff and in today's era there is so many ways one can hide ethics even if all events attend are tested.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A:
* October 2009- FAME- Bikini- NP
* June 2009- FAME Worlds- Bikini- 3rd
* October 2009- IDFA- Bikini Model- 4th
* November 2009- Fitness Star- NP
* November 2009-FAME- Bikini- 1st and earned Pro card

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: Quads-legs-something that is naturally developed.

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train?
A: Definitely legs.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: I eat a diet composed of 7 meals a day with protein carbs (greens only)and fat amongst all 7 meals. During prep I reduce carbs to almost none and add more protein and fat. I usually do this 1 week to the show. I do not need to take drastic means as I eat healthy all years round and with my chrons disease it is very risky.

Q: When someone sees your physique or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Positive-since they all know I have chrons they think my drive is unbelievable.


Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you are most sick of hearing?
A: "I wish I could have your body",aggravates me because I know that anyone with the right will can have the body of there dreams.


Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: Well in most cases they are very self centered.True that many are but it is sad to be placed in this category when you are not one of them.

Q: What is the worst part of competing?
A: 1 week no carbs is hard for me and my
intestines.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: Alicia Marie and Jaime Eason.

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Are you truly ready to make sacrifices of going to the gym 6 x a week and eating clean?

Q: Do you think it is becoming more common to see women training in the gym?
A: I do -I am impressed to see the amount of new competitors each time I compete.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I golf, paint and work a lot. I also travel 4 times a year for business-which I truly enjoy.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Gabriella Luciano.
A: Wake up at 4:20 am -get ready to go to the gym eat breakfast and head out at 6 am to gym. Train for 2 hours and am on my way home at 8 am where I pack my lunch wake my husband have another meal. By 9:15 out of the house get to the office at 9:30.Work creating new garment ideas all day, have another meal at 11-then 2-4:30-7:30-9:30.leave the office at 6 get home prepare supper and eat. After supper a warm bath and fall asleep watching TV around 9.30pm.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: That I play golf.

Q: Describe Gabriella Luciano in five words.
A: Ambitious, determined to achieve top goals always.

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: Plan to compete July IDFA and than if all goes well October.

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I could do this without my trainer Jean Jacques Barrett and the whole gang at the bat cave, and my dear friend hairdresser and makeup artist Lorena Kamala from pure salon.

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they getting in Gabriella Luciano the athlete and competitor?
A: I would love to find sponsors, I am sure I will not deceive them. I am an athletic business woman and a woman with drive.

Q: Gabriella, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment