Friday, May 14, 2010

IFBB Pro Ann Titone Interview







Imagine being new to training and struggling with it and your diet. Then imagine someone offers their time to help. Then imagine they are someone you have great respect for, and oh yeah, they are an IFBB Pro. That's what happened with me. Ann Titone offered her help, and I take every word she says as the gospel. I always have nice things to say about each person I interview, but with Ann I can go on for days. Before I started doing what I do and talking with who I talk with, Ann was just this beautiful Figure competitor who I was a huge fan of and really admired and respected. Turns out, with all her great qualities that made her that beautiful woman, the most beautiful part is her heart. Ann the competitor is a woman who overcame a terrible accident that left her in a coma, and went on to train hard, and earn her Pro card. Ann the trainer is a woman who has, with the help of her husband Jack, formed the Jacked Up Divas, and help a lot of women get on stage looking and placing better than they ever have. Ann the woman is someone who is an inspiring, kind, motivating, and special woman. Ann has repeatedly expressed confidence and belief in me. And don't take it from me, look and read how many competitors have said such things about Ann. Meeting Ann at the Arnold's was truly one of the greatest experiences of my life. I can truly say I am a better person because I know Ann Titone. And her and Jack's Jacked Up Divas are an extension of Ann. If you know me, you know I go out of my way to make the Diva's look as good as possible, because they are all special women, and I think that in part is due to two things. One being that I think being around the Titone's makes you a more positive person, and I think it shows the quality of women they help. There are so many people who are better because of the fitness industry and being it it, but the Fitness industry is better because it has Ann Titone in it.






Q: First, Ann, I can't thank you enough fro doing this. You know how big a fan I am, so this is an honor for me.
A: Thank you. It's an honor for me to be a part of your site.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself.
A: I am an IFBB Pro Figure competitor, happy and excited to say exclusively managed by Fitness Management Group.
I was born in Hamilton, Bermuda. My daddy was in the navy, so naturally I was a Navy Brat. I moved around a lot as a kid but when my father retired in 1993, Missouri became my "home".

Q: Before you started training, were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports?
A: I wasn't really "athletic" in high school. Moving around a lot made it difficult to commit to a sports team. however, my senior year of high school I played basketball as a small forward until I was in my traumatic car accident that left me warming the bench the entire season.

Q: What mas the major influence in you deciding to get in the gym and start training?
A: I was in a very traumatic life threatening car accident. Paramedics used the "Jaws of life" to remove me from my vehicle and I was Arch Helicoptered to St. Louis University Emergency Room. Upon my arrival I was comatose; the Dr.'s told my family if I made it through the night my life would be very difficult. I spent two weeks in a comma after which I completed 2 months of physical and occupational therapy. You may read my entire story at bodysport.com.

Q: You are obviously beautiful. Did that ever cause a problem with being taken serious at the gym? Ever feel you had to prove yourself?
A: I honestly believe in my heart that the only person I need to prove myself to is myself. I fully believe there is always room for improvement no matter how great an athlete you become.

Q: When was your first contest and what made you decide to compete?
A: After the accident I was a "gym rat", but never quite had the "drive" or "direction" to become anymore than that. One evening at a Christmas party, my friend Angie Semsch was the one who suggested I compete while my husband, Jack, encouraged me further. With the Lord's strength and Jack's direction I have overcome the obstacles that were placed in front of me to become an IFBB Pro.
My first competition was the GNC Indiana Regional in May 2007. I thought it was gonna be a small show where I could just get a little experience. I was sadly mistakes. I did, however, place 3rd.

Q: Was the first show what you expected or did anything surprise you?
A: I didn't know it was a Regional show until I got there. Fortunately, Jack had me well prepared.

Q: Was competing something your friends and family supported?
A: I think like most women, at first family and friends don't understand how that "one bite" will affect what you have worked so hard to accomplish. But as they see you progress and improve they become more supportive. My family is by far my greatest fans and biggest supporters.


Q: You earned the Pro card, that anyone who follow the sport knew you would get at some point, at the 2009 Team Universe. Can you describe the feeling of finding out you were getting the pro card?
A: Plainly put, I was overcome with excitement and the sense of accomplishment. I was elated to get my Pro card in New York. New York will always hold a special place in my heart because of that.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A: My first competition was in June of 2007 in Indiana, I placed 3rd. I got 'the bug' to compete..... I could list all the shows I have done but there are actually 19 since my first show, so instead I'll just tell you 2009-current.
*May 2009- NPC Jr. USA - 1st
*June 2009- NPC Jr. nats - 6th
*July 2009- NPC Team Universe - 2nd (Earned Pro card)
*October 2009- IFBB Border States - 9th
*November 2009- IFBB Kentucky Muscle - 7th
*February 2010- IFBB Phoenix Pro - 13th
*April 2010- IFBB Nigh of Champions Europa (Orlando)- 8th
*May 2010- IFBB Pittsburgh Pro - 14th

Q: Is there a body part you think is your best or that gets the most compliments?
A: I would have to say it's either my shoulders or my back, they are the most defined.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train?
A: No doubt it's my shoulder routine, I love the pump, it's a great feeling.

Q:When people see your physique for the first time, what is the most common response? More positive or negative?
A: Positive, usually they are pretty shocked, it's actually quite funny to see the reactions.

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question you are most sick of hearing?
A: It's gotta be..."How much do you workout?"

Q: DO you have anyone in the sport you are a fan of or admire?
A: Gina Aliotti is one that I admire a lot. She has a gorgeous physique!

Q: You are also an NPC judge. What do you enjoy about that?
A: Well, I am sure I have said it a million times, but I love every aspect of this sport, and being an NPC judge is just another way I get to enjoy giving back to the sport. It's truly an honor.

Q: Most people know you and your husband, Jack, are great trainers and nutrition coaches, as well as having your posing and presentation program. What do you enjoy about that and what are the benefits of being trained by the two of you?
A: Because we both love this sport so much, it brings great joy to us personally to do something together that we both have such a passion for. I firmly believe that if you love what your doing, you are able to give 110% of your life to it and having him as my partner, working side by side, is a blessing.

Q: If someone came up to you and said they wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would want to give them?
A: Set a goal... and 'You must believe, before you can achieve'.

Q: Are there any major misconceptions about women who train/compete, or anything you wish people understood?
A: "Just because you lift weights, doesn't mean you're going to lose your feminine figure"!

Q: You have helped many women place very well in contests. How do you feel when you see someone you helped do really well in a competition?
A: Oh my gosh!!!! It's one of the best feelings ever! It's an exuberating feeling that can't be put into words. There's nothing like it.

Q: If someone wanted to contact you about training, what is the best way?
A: All personal training questions can be directed to www.anntitone.com

Q: What does it mean to you for someone to say you are an inspiration to them or they are a fan of yours?
A: It's an honor and makes me want to be the best I can be at all times.

Q: You have your hand in a lot of different things. Wat to take this opportunity t plug or promote anything, tell people what you may have going on.
A: Our group of competitors, "Jacked Up Divas" is who I want to promote. The definition of Jacked Up Divas is a group of women who compete and train at the highest level. They are Ladies who want to be the best at what they do. These ladies lead by example! We are always searching for those women who are worthy of joining our team.


Jack and I also have a talk show on siouxcountry.com called The Fitbod Talk Show. We strive to provide useful and interesting information to all who are curious about the world of competitive women in the NPC and IFBB. They push out that extra rep, run that extra mile and put the effort in at becoming their best. These ladies want to be the best since they are trained by the best.

Thirdly, Jack and I promote a Novice show here in St. Louis, Missouri called The Midwest Classic. It is generally held around April 24th or so. We are in high hopes of bringing more opportunities for competitors to St. Louis in the near future. It is also our primary goal to make every competitor understand they will be competing in the worlds most top notch organization.

Q: What is your normal training routine like?
A: Generally I wake between 6-7am, do my cardio within 15 minutes of awakening. I always separate cardio from my weight training by several hours and seldom do cardio on leg day. I weight train 5 days a week at high intensity.

Q: When you are done competing, how would you like to be remembered in the sport as far as a competitor?
A: I simply want to be remembered as a true athlete who loved everything about the sport and strived to inform the public just how rewarding the sport of weight training and competing is.

Q: Outside of training and competing, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I enjoy spending time with my loved ones, watching movies, playing board games, or just conversing.

Q: Can you describe a day in the life of Ann Titone.
A: Probably much like any other dedicated competitor. I wake up early, do my cardio, eat my breakfast, train my clients, train myself, train more clients, prepare my food for the following day, sleep, and repeat.

Q: Favorite actors, TV shows, musicians?
A: Nicolas Cage is one of my favorite actors, City of Angels is one of my most favorite movies, I love watching Kings and Queens with my husband and I am a fan of all kinds of music, I don't really have a favorite.

Q: Describe Ann Titone in five words.
A: Real, Honest, Trustworthy, Loyal, and Hardworking.

Q: Favorite cheat food?
A: No question about it....PIZZA. My post comp meal always has to include a pizza, cheeseburger, burrito, and some kind of dessert, I'm not too picky.

Q: ANy set plans for the rest of 2010 as far as competing or any otehr activities?
A: I amv ery excited to say my 2010 will be a prosperous one with the help of my new manager with Fitness Management Group. Currently my plans include the New York Pro in July and then I we will see what happens after that with.

Q: Ann, I can not thank you enough for taking the time for this. Any last words before you go.
A: Whole heartedly, I want to thank the Lord for Blessing me for not only the great gifts of my life, but for each and every trail and tribulation I have faced and overcome. I am a stronger person mentally and spiritually because of those obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment