Monday, April 19, 2010

Not all Cardio Equipment is Creat Equal by Lindsey McFerran

What up fellow blog readers,
I hope everyone is doing well, feeling good and training hard. Want to give a shout out to all the competitors that just got done doing E-Cup, you looked fabulous and trained your asses off, so you should be very proud of yourself.

Now down to business, CARDIO, for most people it is a love- hate relationship. You love the results and the way it makes you feel AFTER YOU ARE DONE WITH IT. But you hate doing it. I know what you mean; it is a love-hate relationship for me sometimes too. But just think of it this way, it is a vital part of the training process, so you just gotta suck it up and like the Nike Commercial: JUST DO IT.

Well in my opinion and you can take it with a grain of salt. I believe that not all cardio equipment is created equal. I know BLASHPHEMY HUH? What do I mean by this?

Well I mean that some cardio machines are better then others if you want to get lean. In my training I really only use two pieces of cardio equipment. The first one, I am just beginning to use and boy o boy is it kicking my butt. It is called Jacobs Ladder and basically it is a just a rotating ladder. But it is going to make my ass look AMAZING come July.

The next piece of cardio equipment which I think you all can guess since I have mentioned it numerous times in my blog is can you guess it……………..

THE STAIRMASTER, that’s right ladies and gentlemen. I love this piece of cardio equipment. It works. How do I know this? Well when I am on it, I am sweating buckets and I am working harder then any other piece of cardio equipment HANDS DOWN. Also I know from experience.

Let’s take a trip back in time to before I knew about the Stairmaster.

To a time, where my cardio consisted of the elliptical trainer. Man, was I good on the elliptical in an hour I could get 1000 calories or even more. BUT was it effective for me that is a big fat NO.

Sure I was getting a lot of calories, but now when I am on the Stairmaster I am not burning 1000 calories in an hour, but I am working harder and it more effective means of cardio.

If you don’t take my word for it, the next time you are at the gym look around the people on the various cardio equipments. Are the people on the elliptical trainer, lean and ripped probably not.

But look at the people on Stairmaster if there are any, they are lean (and look like me). I will not even talk about the treadmill because I never use it because I fell like I am going to fall on my ass.

So if you are having trouble losing that stubborn body fat, you might want to take a look at your nutrition. But you also might want to change up your cardio routine because NOT ALL CARDIO EQUIPMENT IS CREATED EQUAL.

Next time, I will reveal my tips for making cardio a more pleasurable experience…..

AYO AYO Keep training hard and your eye on the prize

No comments:

Post a Comment