Monday, April 5, 2010

Lissa Middleton Interview





Ever have that situation where whatever sport you follow, or interest you have, where you discover someone, and say to yourself "how did I not know about them a long time ago?". That is what I said to myself when I first saw Lissa Middleton. I actually saw her on facebook. What I saw was a beautiful woman with an amazing physique. So I asked myself that question, and then said to myself "I hope she will do an interview because if I missed her, perhaps someone else has, and everyone should know about her." Luckily Lissa consented to do an interview. I have in a short time gone from not knowing her, to being a big fan and admirer of Lissa's. Hoe I hope more people get to know a little about Lissa and hopefully become a fan as well. Take the time to find out about her, and surely you will become a fan. You can't help but to be. So here is my interview with Lissa Middleton.







Q: First, Lissa, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this. As I have
said I am a big admirer of yours.
A: Well thank you very much

Q: Can you start out by just telling a little about yourself. Family, where you
are from, things like that.
A: Well I am 35 yrs old, born in Augusta, Georgia still reside there but also reside in Bocat Raton, Fl. My mother is from Hawaii, and my father is Nigerian and Black. I have 7 siblings and I am the only one who does bodybuilding in my family.........lol

Q: Before bodybuilding, where you an especially athletic person? Play any sports?
A: Yes, I did i was a gymnast since age 4, I also ran track,played softball, and volleyball all during high school and college

Q: What initially led you into the gym, and was bodybuilding the goal from day
one?
A: After I tore my hamstring in college running track. After rehab I found a new passion and that was weight training, and due to my competitive edge. I eventually got into competitive bodybuilding.

Q: Was weight training something you picked up fairly easy? How soon before you
started to see results?
A: Yes, it was . I can not say when I saw results because i was always fairly muscular.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete?
A: 3 yrs.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and
how about now?
A: Not all the time but after seeing me on stage and going thru the last 3 weeks out before going on stage they greatly learned to respect and support the sport.

Q: Was the first show what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: My first show was the Elite in Greensboro, Nc in 2003. And I didn't place but it was a learning experience. And, it made me train harder and desire to be the best when it came to showing on stage.

Q: Can you share your contest history?
*2002 St. Augustine, Florida- Sunshine State Fitness- 4th place,
*2003 Elite Classic- Greensboro, North Carolina- No place,
*2004 Southeastern Classic Augusta, Georgia- 1st place and Overall,
*2004 Excalibur- Charleston, South Carolina- 1st place Light Heavy,
*2008 NPC Nationals- 14th,
*2009 Excalibur Charleston, South Carolina- 1st place Light Heavy and Overall winner.



Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: My back and I like lunges believe it or not.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it
for contest prep?
A: My trainer does all that.

Q: When someone sees your physique for the first time, what is the most common
reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Where i live in Augusta, GA and parts of SC its usually negative reaction from black women, and white men. In Florida its highly embraced by most.

Q: When they see it that first time, what is the one question or comment you
are most sick of hearing?
A: "OMG, LOOK AT THAT".........LOL

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female bodybuilders, or the thing
you most wish people understood?
A: How much time and effort it takes to do it, and no we are not doing it because we have some male ego trip we are on. We do it because know its ok for women to look good with muscles.

Q: Do you feel muscular women are more or less accepted by society today then
five years ago?
A: Well I don't know I am pretty shy when it comes to showing off my physique, due to the negative remarks I get where I live. But, for the most part I do believe if people work out to stay healthy they are more accepting of it. Verses those who don't work out or work out for a phase don't really it except it. So to answer your question I would have to say it is more excepted .

Q: Someone says "women should not be that muscular". How do you respond?
A: My response is this, that remark only comes from people who are not happy with themselves or not very secure with who they are. Bottom line is if you don't like it, don't look it. I am going to do what I am going to do, and I love what I do.

Q: I started this blog because of how unfair it is that the men in the sport
seem to get so much more credit and coverage than the women. DO you ever see
that changing, and what would it take to change it?
A: Well i think now that they are truly trying to make women look like muscular women. Verses super huge women looking like men with fake boobs. I think society may really be more excepting of it. I do believe people fear what they do not understand. So that too involves a huge misconception about women in the sport.

Q: Do you have any favorite bodybuilders?
A: Lenda murray, Iris Kyle, Dayna Cadeau, Colette Nelson, Ava cowan, Roxie Rain, and many many more. I like the guys too but its all about GIRL POWER in the sport........lol

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Gummy Bears

Q: If another woman told you she wanted to start bodybuilding, what is the one
piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: My advice to her would be you don't compete against your competitors you are compared. You only compete against yourself, and that is the only true competitor you need to worry about. In other words, if you do everything you need to do to get ready for a show, then you should never look at yourself as a loser on stage look at it as a learning. Because the sport is about experience and learning. Learning to be better than you were the first time you competed or the show before the next show to be done.

Q: Do you do any personal training?
A: Yes

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Riding motorcycles, 4 wheelers, dancing, shopping( yes its a hobby of mine), tennis, and beach volley ball.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Lissa Middleton.
A: LOL its very busy from 4am until 9pm its all the way live.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I am very shy and soft spoken.

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show, and musician?
A: Lucy Lu, The Skeleton Key, Criminal Minds, Jill Scott

Q: Describe Lissa Middleton in five words.
A: Spontaneous, Bold, Smart, Classy, and truly beautiful on the inside.

Q: Any set plans coming up as far as competing or anything else?
A: Jr. USA's, Nationals

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so, how can they contact you and what are
they getting in Lissa Middleton the athlete and competitor?
A: Always looking for sponsors, still trying to figure out what avenues to take to get started.

Q: Again, Lissa, it has been an honor to have you do this. Any last words
before you go?
A: No, I think I will keep it brief and simple.

5 comments:

  1. I live in North Augusta and have met Lissa and she is not only beautiful to look at but as she said she is truly beautiful on the inside as well. Good luck to her, she works hard and deserves all the sport has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Would love taking her out,if she's single,if not good luck lissa,your man is very lucky!

      Delete
  3. Would love taking her out,has a undeniable smile and heart!:)

    ReplyDelete