Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jill Tellefsen-Crean 2010 Steven Stone Metropolitan Interview






Jill Tellefsen-Crean just competed in the Steven Stone Metropolitan. In a field of really good competitors Jill finished 8th in Figure Class C and 9th in Masters. It was the best Jill ever looked. She looked so amazing and so beautiful. I was friends on Facebook with Jill, and she seemed really cool, but I never talked to her. At the time, my blog was new, and people I didn't know, were hard for me to come up with ways to ask them to do an interview. Then I found out she was trained by the man everyone knows is my favorite male bodybuilder, PJ Braun. There was my way to talk to her. Talk about PJ. I am so glad I did. Jill did her first interview and it remains one of my favorites. Since that time, Jill has become a friend and someone I really admire. Jill is a 2 time cancer survivor and that is part of what makes her inspiring, but to limit it to just that, would be grossly ignoring so many other factors that make Jill inspiring. Jill has an amazing story to tell, and I hope one day more and more people get to hear that story. Everybody who competes wants to win, that is obvious. But regardless of placing, Jill is someone who before she even steps on stage, she is a WINNER. I was sad I couldn't go see Jill compete, but waited anxiously to see photos from the show. I can not tell you how excited, proud, and the size of my smile when I saw the photos. I knew Jill would look great, I knew she would look beautiful, but I could not believe how great she looked. Every time you compete you want to look better than the last time, but there was not one bodypart on Jill that did not look better than last time. Jill is a fighter, Jill is a strong woman, Jill is an inspiration, and most of all, Jill is Jill, and that is the best thing about her.



Q: Jill, thanks for taking the time out to do a second interview.
A: Its my pleasure! Thank you for the opportunity to be interviewed again :)

Q: For those who may have missed the first interview, can you tell a little about
yourself.
A: I am a 41 year old 2 time cancer survivor. I have successfully battled Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (remission 19 yrs) and Ovarian Cancer (2 years this June)! I have been married almost 5 yrs to my husband Michael, and I have an older brother, a younger sister, and 2 step brothers.

Q: You just competed at the N.Y. Metropolitan. I must say congrats because you looked amazing. How did you feel about the show overall?
A: This show was so big to me!! All the shows I have competed in have been much smaller. I found it very overwhelming!! So many competitors! A ton of activity! It was a well run show. I enjoyed myself a lot. This show was also important to me because it was named after Steve Stone. He was a trainer at my old gym Bodyquest. Steve was the one who first starting teaching me to pose for my first competition back in 2005. All he ever wanted for payment was a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts! LOL!! Steve is greatly missed.

Q: Do you walk away saying "I am happy with how I looked" or "O.K., what
do I have to do to win next time?"
A: OMG. I was ECSTATIC how I looked. My condition was spot on, and I have never looked better then I did that night! PJ and I have already developed my off season plan. The only thing I regret is letting my nervousness at such a big show get to me. Everything I was taught about my posing "flew out the window" for pre judging. I learned I will not let my nerves get the best of me. I can only be the best me I know how. I did my homework and I brought my best package. I had already beaten "myself" and that is really where I won. I was the best "me" to date.

Q: After pre-judging how were you feeling about your chances about your chances?
A: I knew I blew it with my awful posing. And PJ made no bones about that either! I was upset, disappointed in myself, and I felt I let PJ down.

Q: For those who haven't seen,I saw a couple photos, you looked amazing. Were you
satisfied with the overall package you brought to the stage?
A: I was extremely satisfied!!!!! I have never looked better. PJ is the master!

Q: What part of your physique would you say made the biggest improvements from last time?
A: My shoulders and my legs!

Q: Was there one aspect of your physique you thought could have been better or you want to improve on for next time?
A: I want to get more of a rounder cap to my shoulders and PJ wants to add more muscle to my glutes and a bit more muscle size to my frame overall.

Q: Was your prep for this show any different than for past shows?
A: Yes!!!! OMG, not only was the diet more difficult. The training program was a well!! Different from anything I ever did. From meals, to meal timing, to cardio, and weight programs. I had light/heavy splits, double cardios. It was THE MOST challenging and REWARDING prep ever.

Q: After a show like that, is it a mental let down at all, now that the process is over?
A: When I first competed, yes it was. But now. No! I always have a game plan. I have already started executing it. I like the constant challenges!

Q: The week before a show like that, what are you thinking about? Nervous or excited, or ?what
A: I was not nervous until I got backstage! LOL. All I could think about was food. I was OBSESSED with it! Mostly chocolate candy, and Peanut Butter. I actually hoarded candy. It was bad!!!


Q: How about those last 5 minutes before you hit the stage, what are you thinking about?
A: How badly I wanted to do well, and how nervous I was going up against women that had more muscle then me.

Q: When you are on stage do you try and read the judges reactions at all or just focus on what you are doing?
A: I get so focused I trying to remember to hit all my poses correctly and set them up, I over analyze things instead of just enjoying my moment!

Q: Whats the first thing you ate once it was over?
A: Cheesecake muffins with Oreo cookies and Reese mini pb cups mixed in!!

Q: Was there any other competitors you noticed who really impressed you?
A: A lot of them did! But the ones that stands out is my girl Jillian Reville and Amanda Cumberbatch! Jillian is going to get that Pro Card. (I hope this year!)

Q: Anyone you got to meet or see for the first time that you were excited about?
A: Leeza Distephano! She is a sweet girl!

Q: Anything about the prep process that you can say you want to do different next time?
A: No more double cardio!!!! (It won't happen though).

Q: As I said last interview, you are trained by my favorite male bodybuilder P.J. Braun. How important is he to your success?
A: EXTREMELY!!!! I could not have done this without him!! He is THE BEST COACH EVER!!!!!
No question is too stupid. He answers txt and emails immediately if he is not with a
client. He kept me calm/sane. He helped me BELIEVE in myself!! I can't thank him enough or recommend him enough! PJ is THE MAN for ALL you training needs! :)

Q: Where does this show rank as the biggest achievements in your life?
A: Not as high because I KNOW I could have done better! And I will! Just wait!

Q: Have you decided when you will be on stage next?
A: 2011!!!

Q: Anyone you want to thank for helping you in the process?
A: Yes, My girlfriend Jillian Reville. She helped me from posing, to suit, to tanning to sound board, to back stage beotch! LOL. Even when she needed to be concerned with herself. She always made sure I was ok. I Love you Jilly! Also Kat Ramirez for the flowers for helping me with my hair, and tanning! Kat you rock!! Leeza for my makeup, my husband Michael for putting up with me and supporting me from start to finish. All my friends and family! I love you all!

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: Yep! PJbraun.com,Species Nutrition, and Siouxcountry.com

Q: Looking for any sponsors?
A: Have not really thought about it.

Q: Jill, again, thanks for taking the time to do a second interview, and congrats on
looking so amazing on stage. You are not just an interview, you are a friend, and I was so proud of how you looked. Any last words before you go?
A: Just want to thank you again for another interview. Thank you for your support, and for being a great friend! Train Hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment