Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jessica True Interview




Jessica True, when you first see her, you see a beautiful woman. Then you look and see her physique is outstanding, then you read this interview and find she is a very interesting woman. Jessica originally went to the gym after her divorce, but whatever reason she went, everyone who follows or is in the fitness industry should be happy she chose to. Originally Jessica competed in Figure, and now she competes in Bikini. Jessica is proof that Bikini competitors work and train and prep just as hard as any other kind of competitor. Jessica will be doing the Jr. Nationals this year, and there is every reason to believe she will again look great and bring a great package to the stage. For those who do not know Jessica, please read and be introduced to a beautiful and amazing woman.




Q: First Jessica, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: You're welcome. Thank you for taking an interest in me and supporting this sport.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from,
things like that.
A: I'm from Georgetown, Kentucky but currently reside in Lexington. I double majored in Business Management and Retail Marketing. I'm employed by The Council of State Governments as an Accountant.

Q; Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or
anything?
A: I played basketball throughout middle & high school, point guard position.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: I got divorced in 2002 and decided I wanted to better myself and meet some new people.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you decide
to compete?
A: I trained for about a year before I decided to compete. My sister was
training with me at the time and we just thought, hey, why not? We both had above
average physiques and thought it would be fun to do together.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and how
about now?
A: I don't want to say my family wasn't supportive...of course they only want
what makes me happy, they just didn't understand. My dad was always encouraging me to eat a cookie! After my family attended a show, I believe it put things into perspective for them. My gym friends and I met for a.m. cardio sessions, traveled together, etc. My most recent boyfriend was awesome (he was a competitor). He kicked me out of bed to do cardio, occasionally prepped my food, put together my diet and workout regimen, and cheered me on at all the shows.

Q; Was the first competition what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: Ha! I think we all could say we used our 1st show as a learning experience. I started out as a figure competitor. I didn't have a professional tan, I showed up in a off the rack suit and was terrified. I thought I would never compete again because I was so nervous on stage and hated all the attention. I still pulled off 1st place though:)

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A:
*2003 Bluegrass Muscle Classic- Class B Figure- 1st Place
*2004 Northern KY- Class B Figure- 10th Place
*2009 Northern KY- Class B Figure- 5th Place
*2009 Southern Indiana- Class B Figure- 5th Place
*2009 Bluegrass Muscle Classic- Bikini tall division- 1st Place and Overall
*2009 Monster Mash, Bikini tall division- 6th place,
*2009 KY Muscle, Bikini tall division- 3rd Place.

Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: My back is my best body part. It responds quickly to training and has that V-taper that judges are looking for.

Q; Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: I get bored easily so it varies. Right now I love training glutes.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it for
contest prep?
A: In the off season I don't eat clean and I try to listen to what my body is
telling me. If I need a day off then I take it. People don't realize how important rest is, not to mention your mental state to avoid burnout and stay motivated. During contest prep though, GAME ON! I seem to peak at 6 weeks, after that I have a hard time keeping weight on. What seems to work best for me is an extremely low carb diet, high fat, with one cheat meal on Saturday nights as my last meal of the day. I also drink one gallon of water each day. Cardio is 5 days/week at very low intensity on an empty stomach. I lift 6 days/week.

Q; When someone sees or hears you compete for the first time, what is the most
common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: I tend to get more of a negative reaction. People assume I'm a bodybuilder. I admire their physiques but most people think it's unattractive for a female.

Q: When they see or hear it that first time, what is the one question or comment
you are most sick of hearing?
A: People always want to know what I eat:)

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who train and compete or the one
thing you wish people understood?
A: I wish people understand that most competitors only look their prime for a short amount of time. What you usually see on stage and in magazines is usually not what someone looks like year round. Even the best prep for photo shoots, exhibits, etc.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: I've grown to love all aspects of competing. If you don't enjoy the journey, you're doing it for the wrong reason(s). I love watching my body transform, meeting other competitors and the feeling of accomplishing my goals.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I sound like a broken record, but who doesn't love Jamie Eason? met her last year at the Arnold. She is super cute and friendly. I also admire her strength & determination as a breast cancer survivor.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Sushi! I'd eat if every day if I could afford it.

Q; If another woman told you she wanted to start training, what is the one piece of
advice you would most want to give her?
A: You have to view it as a lifestyle change.

Q: Do you think Bikini competitors are starting to get the respect from women who
compete in other parts of fitness?
A: Yes, I think at first everyone assumed it would be a Hawaiian Tropic show, all about T-N-A and not classy. That's not what they are looking for. I think it's more like the All-American Girl. Bikini competitors work just as hard as anyone else that steps on that stage. You still prep & weigh food, diet and put a lot of hours into the gym between cardio & lifting. I think it's been a great edition and feel the respect for those in this division will continue to grow as the NPC continues to
tweak the rules & regulations.

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love hiking, 4wheeling and watching movies. I've dabbled in rock climbing.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Jessica True?
A: During the week I awake at 630 am, work 8-5, let the pooch out before lifting around 6ish at Lexington Athletic Club. On the weekends I don't have a routine. I swear I'm not as boring as this sounds!

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: For as tough as I appear, I really wear my heart on my sleeve.

Q: Describe Jessica True in five words.
A: Passionate, Loving, Loyal, Honest, and Determined.

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: 2010 Jr. Nationals (June 18th)

Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: I've recently picked up a new gig for amateur MMA as a ring girl. If you live in the Lexington area, come check out the fights! The next one is scheduled for May.

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so, how can they reach you and what are they
getting in Jessica True, the athlete and competitor?
A: I'd love to have a sponsor. I understand that asking for sponsorship is a reciprocal relationship. I would represent your company by announcing your name when I'm on stage, provide assistance with special promotions, whatever you need, I'm your girl. If anyone sees potential in me to help your company, you can contact me at jessmarie01@gmail.com. Thank you for your consideration!

Q: Jessica, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words
before you go?
A: Wishing you continued success on your blog... XOXO Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment