Monday, April 12, 2010

It's More than just VANITY! by Lindsey McFerran

What's up Fellow blog Readers?

Hope training is off the hook for everyone. I am now currently 14 weeks out from my next show. Seems like a long time, ETERNITY if you ask me. But time is going to fly by and my body is going to be smoking and shredded (well more than it is already LOL)>

So on Saturday night, I decided to go out with some friends to a local bar/club. I wore my usual club attire; jeans with my converse sneakers, beater, and tehn a zip up hoodies.

OK ladies and gentlemen, it was not a Las Vegas Club, it was a dive bar. But anyways, not the point. So I walekd into the bar slash club and of course I got hot because that is how I always get when I am a dancing queen.

So off came the hoodies, and then I was jsut wearing my jeans and black wife-beater. That is when the looks started and the witty lines of: "can you point me to the Gun show?" began. The minute I stripped down to my beater, people were amazed by what my arms looked like. Me, being self-critical and 14 weeks out from a show, thought I looked like crap and would ahve opted to keep the hoodie on, but I was so darn hot that it had to go.

Well it is a good thing because it gave me an idea about a blog. So why do I live the training lifestyle? Is it because of the vanity part of it, knowing that when I go into a club, I might have the best arms out there (fat chance? I mean that is a perk, but it is not why I live the training lifestyle. Don't get me wrong, it is an ego-boost when I get mad compliments, but the compliments are not why I am up at 5am on the Stairmaster or eat my same old boring rabbit food (as some of my friends call it) drenched in mustard. The complements are jsut an added bonus if you ask me.

The reason I live the training lifestyle is because it makes me feel good about myself and I could not picture my life any other way. It makes me feel alive and it gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I love training, when I am at the gym I feel like nothing can touch me. It is my SANCTUARY!!!!!!

For me, the training and diet go hand in hand. Why would I train my ass off and put junk into my body as fuel. It would not make me run efficiently and I want to be able to run as efficiently as possible. Sure it was hard, especially being at that bar/club and opting not to drink. But for me, if I ahve one drink then that might lead to more, so I don't want to take that chance. Instead, I chose to avoid it completely and if it makes me seem like a weirdo or lose then that is TOO BAD!!!!

The reason I live the training lifestyle is I thrive on the dedication, discipline and hard work it takes. I mean, if this was easy then the obesity epidemic would not be so out of control.

So for any people out there who think that participating in bodybuilding is just for VANITY, is dead wrong, that is only an Extra Perk. Bodybuilding has helepd me in all areas of my lfie.

Sorry that this did not have a lot of training associated with it. I will make up for it, but I just had to get this out there.

AYO AYO AYO, keep training hard Ladies and Gentleman!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment