Thursday, April 8, 2010

IFBB Pro Nicole Ball Interview


Nicole Ball is becoming more and more popular in the sport of bodybuilding, and it is easy to see why. Nicole is beautiful, has an amazing physique (highlighted by great shoulders/delts), and is very friendly. She started weight training mainly to beat an eating disorder and within six months competed and won her first show. Since then she has gone on to win her IFBB Pro card, and on three occasions grace the Olympia stage. Nicole is proof of what hard work, dedication, belief, and passion can help achieve. As evidenced by her many wins, Pro card, and recently being picked up as a sponsored athlete by Species. Nicole is only going to get better, and more popular, because once you see and learn about Nicole, you cant help but be a fan.






Q: First, Nicole I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: I am from a family of 5 siblings. Born and raised on a farm in Alberta, Canada. Always into sports and out door activities. I love family as they are the foundation that makes me who I am and brings out my greatest strengths.

Q: Play any sports growing up?
A: I always loved baseball and track and field.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: I always loved to workout....to push my limits, but it was an eating disorder I had to overcome that drew me to the gym.

Q: Did you pick up weight lifting fairly easy? How long before yous tarted to see results?
A: Six months after an eating disorder I was on stage and won my first show.

Q: If I am correct, your first competition was Muscle Beach in 2001. What made you decide to compete?
A: Yes it was, and it was to prove that I had regained the personal strength I allowed myself to lose through personal food abuse.

Q: Any memories of the show?
A: No, just a feeling of accomplishment and self pride.

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported?
A: Absolutely they did.

Q: You earned your Pro card at the 2006 Canadian Nationals. What did it mean to you to earn your Pro card?
A: I look at every show, regardless if it was as an amateur or a Professional as each show had it's highlights of being the best I can be regardless of placing.

Q: You have competed at three Olympia's, finishing 8th in 2007, 11th in 2008, and 12th in 2009 (which was a crime in my mind as I had you much higher). What is it like competing on the Olympia stage with the best of the best?
A: It's a great feeling. Once you have been there and get to know the other competitors it's much more rewarding cause they are all truly amazing individuals.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A: Started in 200 and competed once a year for 7 years, undefeated. Then two weeks after winning my Pro card, decided to do first AC Pro show and won my weight class and then the Olympia....8th as you mentioned...then Dallas, 2nd...Tampa,1st...Olympia 2008 placing 11th, then 2009 Tampa, 4th...AC 2nd...and then Olympia 2009, 12th.


Q: Does your routine change from off season to contest prep?
A: My routine never changes in the gym, off season or contest prep. The only thing that changes is body part training and cardio.

Q: Do you have a body part that you think is your best or gets the most compliments?
A: Yes, delts.

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train?
A: Legs and shoulders.

Q: When someone sees your physique for the first time what is the most common reaction?
A: Beautiful symmetry and feminine look.



Q: When they see it that first time what is the one comment or question you are most sick of hearing?
A: "are you a bodybuilder or Figure?" LOL

Q: What is the biggest misconception about female bodybuilders or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: I just wish people would put all personal feelings aside and just take the time to learn about the dedication and strength it take to be an athlete like me.

Q: DO you think muscular women are becoming more accepted in society?
A: Yes absolutely. Your always going o have you fan bases for the different looks they have to offer.

Q: Favorite cheat food?
A: Ice cream and burgers.

Q: Any other bodybuilders you admire or are a fan of?
A: Lenda Murray, Iris Kyle, and Cathy LeFrancois.


Q: If another woman told you she wanted tos tart bodybuilding, what is the one piece of advice you would most want to give her?
A: Definitely find someone who is willing to spend the time with you on a nutritional level and get to know you as a person.

Q: Any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: Travelling, outdoor activities like riding horses, quading (4 wheelers), camping, and spending time with my family and friends.

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Nicole Ball.
A: 4:30am rise....coffee(neeed coffee!!!!), First personal training clients from 6am till 6pm, then train myself, home, prep food, then bed.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: I have 7 dogs.

Q: Describe Nicole Ball in five words.
A: Loyal, Dedicated, Family, Competitive, Faith.

Q: You also have a website. Can you give out the address.
A: www.nicoleball.com

Q: Any sets plans as far as competing?
A: Tampa on July 17th.

Q: Anything else you want to take the time to plug or promote?
A: My trainer and sponsor, Species Nutrition and Dave Palumbo. The man who took me under his wing and is a genius!!!!! My family and friends and clients who have stood behind me from day one! And peanut butter for making my life great!


Q: Are you looking for any sponsors?
A: No. I have been picked up by Species Nutrition just as of late, and I am so honored to be with an amazing group of guys!

Q: Nicole, again, thanks so much for doing this. Any last words before you go?
A: Just want people to remember that with dedication and the strength to believe in yourself, will lead to victory and that alone will make you a stronger person. To remember that to yourself, you may just be one person, but to that one person you are the world!!!! God bless you and the loved ones you surround yourselves with, as family, friends, and faith are forever!!!

2 comments:

  1. i have met Nicole Ball and she is the most caring ,warm, and genuine person I have met.
    Kelly Robbins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole is great. I met her at the Arnolds and am honored she did the interview with me

    ReplyDelete