Friday, April 30, 2010

Erika Shingary Column


Well, there's a first time for everything and this is my first time writing a column. I have spent the last 4 days trying to figure out what to write about and then something caught my attention.....TIME

As I was worrying about the time passing while I tried to come up with an idea, I realized that was my idea! So, let's talk about time and how we fit training into our busy schedules.

You see, I get asked daily about my training. People always want to know what they can do to lose weight or build that sexy, muscular body they've always wanted. Well, here's the secret, you have to make the time! I can't tell you how much I hear people say that they just don't have the time. You have to change that thought process. That's not a reason, it's an excuse.

I used to be caught in this thinking. I gave birth to my youngest in 2005 and it took me almost 3 years to get back to the gym. I came up with every reason why it was too hard, but was also depressed about how my body looked. So one day I decided to get back. Now I didn't make an overnight change, I would still miss a lot of days for any reason that would come along. Then it dawned on me, if I stopped making excuses and actually got serious about training, I could probably achieve the body that I had always wanted. My husband subscribed to a fitness magazine for me and after I got my first copy, I was hooked! Within two months I started seeing changes in my body and I loved it!

Now I want to make something clear. I am a mother and I work full-time. My schedule is completely full every single day from getting the kids off to school, to getting myself to work, to coming home and making dinner. I do not have hired help and yet still manage to make the time to get to the gym. It is just part of my daily routine. I have also added writing to my list of things to get done now along with a number of upcoming photo shoots. Don't get me wrong, there will always be things in life that come up and make you miss a day here or there. The difference between my thinking now and what it used to be is that in the past I would have just missed. Now, I make it up, no matter what! There is no such thing as missed, it is unacceptable.

So what does all this mean? It means that if you want something bad enough, you make the time to get it done. There is always time!! Our family motto is "If you want it, you have to put in the time. "

I welcome all questions and comments so please email me! I will never use your name unless you want me to. i don't claim to know everything, but I will research any questions you may have and answer them to the best of my ability. Thanks for taking the time to read!!!

E
erikashingary@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment