Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Christine Anderson Interview



Christine Anderson is an amazing competitor I was happy to come across. Very impressed with her physique from the first photo I saw. She began competing in 2002 and took some time off to have a family. She returned in 2009 and was doing great once again and has qualified for National shows in 2010 and I can't wait to see how she does. Sometimes you do not have to know a person personally to know them. I believe that while I do not know Christine personally, that it is clear she loves fitness and competing and loves being able to train others as well. That is the kind of person you root for and makes me glad to be involved in a small way in this industry. If Christine displays that same love for the sport, and no reason to think she won't, you can expect big things from her in 2010 and beyond. I am very happy to present my interview with the beautiful Christine Anderson.





Q: First Christine, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: No problem, thank you for asking!

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are
from, things like that.
A: I'm originally from Honolulu but now I live in the big state of Texas. My husband/business partner have been together for 10 years and we have a
beautiful 3 year old daughter.

Q: Before the gym were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports or
anything?
A: This question always cracks me up because I'm not an athletic person at all. I was the last kid to be picked to play on a team, isn't that awful?
I played league softball one summer as a kid and it was the worst experience! Every time I went to bat, all the infielders would come in closer.
I played right field and the other team would ALWAYS hit the ball in my direction because they KNEW I couldn't catch the ball.

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: Going to the beach every weekend, you WANT to look good in a bikini!

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you started
to see results?
A: I was like a lot of other women, I didn't know what I was doing, I just did it and hoped something would change. People don't know this about me but
at one point in my life, I was under a lot of stress and I smoked cigarettes. The gym I trained at had a valet service, after I worked out I would get my car from the valet, jump in my car and light one up! The valet guys thought I was CRAZY. It wasn't until I starting working with my trainer (who is now my husband) that I started to see positive changes in my body. The heavier I trained, the better I started to look.

Q; How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you
decide to compete?
A: I trained for 3 years before deciding to do my first show in Texas. I wanted to see how much more I could get my body to change. I love every aspect of competing: dieting, cardio, weight training, suits, shoes, makeup, posing, repeat....

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and
how about now?
A: My biggest and most important support system is my husband, Charles Anderson. Without him, I wouldn't be able to do this. He helps me with everything: contest prep and parenting. I wish all women had a support system like I do, it really makes a difference in your results and how you carry yourself on stage.

Q: Was the first competition what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: I had NO expectations, the only thing I wanted was 1)not to fall and 2) present
a physique worthy to be on stage. I placed 3rd out of 22 figure girls and 2nd in women's novice bb.I was so surprised to have placed that high in my first show, I've been hooked since then.

Q: Can you share your contest history.
A: I don't want to bore anyone with details so let's put it this way, I've been competing since 2002 and placed in top 5 each time I entered a contest. I competed Nationally for a year, didn't do so well, decided to take a break to start a family and returned to the stage in 2009 and won both shows to qualify for any National level show in 2010.



Q: As far as body parts, what do you feel is your best one?
A: My legs and calves. My parents live at the top of a steep hill and I would have to walk about 2 blocks up the hill after school. I rode the city bus home but the top of the hill was not part of the route! I walked up this hill from the time I
was in kindergarten until 10th grade. I hated that hill but it help put muscle on my legs at a very early age!

Q: Do you have a part you most like to train or favorite exercise?
A: Shoulders, shoulders, shoulders. It's the hardest for me and it's mentally challenging - and I always like a challenge - makes you better in the end.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like, and how do you alter it
for contest prep?
A: I train 5x a week: Monday - all upper body, Tuesday - full leg workout, Wed - arms and shdrs only, Thur - hams, glutes, leg conditioning exer, Fri - all upper body. I'll eat around 1900 - 2100 calories with one cheat day and will do around 3.5hours of cardio. Then around 16-17 weeks out from a show, I'll train 6x a week, start ramping up my cardio addtional 2 hours every 3 wks, eliminate my cheat day, then begin carb manipulation6 weeks out.

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women you train and compete or the
one thing you wish people understood?
A: *sigh* The biggest misconception women tend to believe is the idea that they HAVE to take performance enhancing drugs to do well or to get to the next level. Just because you take a PED, doesn't mean you're going to have this fabulous body.
Natural physiques have prettier muscles as well as a healthier look. Training harder, doing more cardio, being very disciplined about what you put into your body will pay off. If you want a better than average body, you have to be willing to do what it takes to get there - hard work and better than average work ethic.

Q: What is the best and worst part of competing?
A: The best thing about competing is achieving such an incredible physique! The worst thing about competing? Seeing food commercials on TV while doing cardio.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or any you admire?
A: I'm still looking for one to admire. Someone that runs a business and a family to take care of while pursuing their fitness life. Someone that I can relate to on all levels, someone that keeps it all in perspective.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: SUSHI, SASHIMI, AND PIZZA

Q: You are also a personal trainer. What got you interested in training others
and what do you enjoy about it?
A: I love the personal relationships you have with your client, being able to find out what they want out of training and taking on that challenge to help them. The best part of my job is empowering women through strength training.

Q: If someone was interested in being trained by you, how can they contact you?
A: ateamfitservices@aol.com

Q; Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love cooking dishes from the food network!

Q; Can you describe a typical day in the life of Christine Anderson.
A: My day begins at 5am, I get my daughter to day care by 6:30am, I train clients from 7am - 12pm and 3-4pm, I train and do cardio from 1pm - 3pm. I pick up my daughter from school at 5pm, rush to the grocery store, get home by 6pm, prep foods for the next day,cook dinner for family, bath and put daughter to bed, write workouts for next day clients around 9pm, get online check email, check fb, check bodyspace account, go to bed at 10:30pm. REPEAT~!

Q: Describe Christine Anderson in five words.
A: POSITIVE, LOVING, STRONG, LOYAL, HONEST

Q: Any set plans for the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: I'm competing at the USA'S Las Vegas, warmup at Dallas Europa, JR USA's Stafford,
possibly Nationals ATL if I do well at the other two national level shows.


Q: Anything you want to take this opportunity to plug or promote?
A: Coming soon....www.ateamfitness.com and you can follow my progress at www.bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Christine2005

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so how can they reach you and what are they
getting in Christine Anderson the athlete and competitor?
A: Yes, email me at ateamfitservices@aol.com if they are interested in sponsoring me. I will mail them an 8x10 photo of their choice (photos are on my fb profile album page).

Q: Christine, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment