Thursday, January 21, 2010

Joni Winright's Contest Prep Journal

9 weeks out ....

So at this stage, i feel like it gets to the point of same stuff different day.....last week was crazy busy with work, workouts, and unfortuneltly a layout and funeral......sometimes i do get overwhelmed when something comes up and you have to switch around your normal schedule, but hey i have learned to roll with it and try not to sweat it....i know i will somehow always get my workouts in even if its not what was scheduled....
I also feel like right about this time is when i start freaking out that i may not be ready and i will have to step it up a notch and really push my self and really focus on my workouts....sometimes you feel like you go thru the motions but i really wanna make sure im focusing on what muscle im working out at that time...someone told me its mind to muscle....it helps me alot....I also need to make sure i am always prepared and eat all my meals.....i dont have trouble not cheating, sometimes with being a hairstylist i have trouble getting them all in, so this is also something i really need to start focusing on....about 8 weeks out its do or die time...so i need to be focuse and have my eye on the goal...
I found this recipe that you could actually eat during prep if you are allowed having carbs
its a pumpkin protein bread...its very easy to make although when i do it i make it in two different pans so i have two servings from it which is better proporioned to the grams i would eat in a meal...
i cup rolled oats.-1/2 cup oat flour- 1 scoop vanilla protein ..i use muscle provider- 1/2 tsp baking soda- 2 tbsp of cinnamon or pumkin pie spice, i use cinnamon- 1/2 raisons which i dont add during prep but can any other time- 1/2 cup can pure pumking - 3 egg whites- 1 tsp vanilla- 1/2 cup splenda, or to your liking
350 mix dry ingredients...mix wet....then combine until smooth bake 20-25 min you will thank me

sorry this week was short, had so much going on...i would like to leave you with a few quotes, cuz they inspire me to stay postitive...

it isnt who you are that holds you back, its who you think you are not...
without belief there will be no successfull outcome.
motivation is what gets you started...habit is what keeps you going

till next time....savor the moment joni

No comments:

Post a Comment