Monday, January 11, 2010

Jennifer Winright-Main Interview




I cam across Jennifer Winright-Main after doing an interview with her sister Joni. Both are amazing women. I have had the privilege of sharing communication with Jennifer, and she is a very amazing woman. In fact both women are prepping to compete and have agreed to do weekly prep updates for the blog. Jennifer is a Figure competitor who you can tell is going to be in top form. You can tell just by knowing her drive and knowledge. Jennifer is a great personal trainer as well, and I highly suggest you look into it if you are in her area. Like her sister she has the beauty of a model, and just an amazing body. Please read here, and learn more about this woman.

Q: First Jennifer, I want to thank you for taking the time to do this.
A: No problem :) Thank you!!!

Q: Can you start out by telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
A: My name is Jennifer Main and I currently reside in Loveland, Ohio. I was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio and attended Mother of Mercy High School. After high school, I attended The University of Findlay and graduated in 2006 with BS in Strength and Conditioning/Physical Education/ Personal Training. Right after graduation I moved back to Cincinnati with my fiance, Kelly Main- now husband. :) We have two little girls- Mikayla, 2 1/2, and Kendyll, 7 months!!! Our family means everything to us and we live to make each day better for all of us!!!

Q: Before you started training, were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports?
A: My dad was a basketball coach, so my sister and I basically lived in a gym and sports became a lifestyle. I played basketball, soccer and volleyball all through grade school. I continued to play volleyball and basketball through high school and then made my decision to focus on basketball my sophomore year. I received a full scholarship at The University of Findlay to play basketball. (2002-2006) Although I currently do not participate in any competitive sports, I still hold on to my glory days and tell myself, "I am still an athlete." haha:)

Q: What initially led you into the gym?
A: Well, my initial introduction was training in high school for basketball and volleyball. That was one of our strengths in our high school program- strength and conditioning. We were always taught- The off season in when champions are made!!!

Q: Was training something you picked up fairly easy? How long before you saw results?
A: Yes!!! It was almost as natural as walking for me!!! I loved everything about it!!! And I am very fortunate that results do come fairly quickly for me.

Q: How long were you training when you decided to compete and what made you decide to compete?
A: After graduation, I was working as a personal trainer/fitness consultant and my boss introduced to the FIGURE world!!! I was soooo intrigued with the whole concept and this was a great way to keep my competitive nature occupied. As I began my training, I found out that I was pregnant with my first daughter. Sooo, that stopped my training a little.:) But right after I had Mikayla, I was back at it!!! I wanted to not only get back in the best shape of my life for me, I wanted to show my clients that had children, that it is possible to as good as you did before you had children!!!

Q: Was competing something your family and friends supported at the time, and how about now?
A: I would have to say my sister was my number one fan. For my husband and the rest of the family, I think it was a rough adjustment because this became my lifestyle, which completely changed and their lives did not change. Going out to eat, making dinner, working out, etc. things like this was an adjustment that my husband had to make also... This time around I have everyone support!!! It becomes contagious and others want to join or be a part of a life changing event!!!

Q: Was the first contest what you expected? Did anything surprise you?
A: It was AWESOME!!! I did the Beverly International Northern KY competition and it was a HUGE show!!! I think I probably should have done a smaller show first, BUT it was sooo much fun!!! Very professional... The thing that surprised me was I was in class E and all the girls have competed in at least 5 shows or way more and they were a lot older than I was. All the girls were super nice and gave me advice for the future!!!

Q: Can you share your contest history?
A: Only one show- Figure 2008 Northern KY. I will be competing in 11 weeks!!!

Q: What do you consider your best body part, or the one that gets the most complements?
A: My butt and my back

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: I love to train shoulders and biceps :)

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like and how do you alter it for contest prep?
A: Weights- 5 x/week.... 12 weeks out - I am currently 5 times/week 30 minutes cardio (elliptical, treadmill 3.0- 15% incline) Contest- Clean/Strict eating plan/ supplements 8 weeks out / Cardio increases every week!!!

Q: When someone sees or hears you train and compete for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: Depends on who I am talking to- If I am at the gym, all the people LOVE it!!! They want to absorb as much information as they can... If I am not in the gym, I think a lot of people cannot comprehend why someone would do what I do... They say I am not living enough or that I am not enjoying life. It is hard sometimes BUT this is my life and I am proud of who I am.

Q: When they see or hear it that first time, what is the one comment or question you are most sick of hearing?
A: "WOW!!! I couldn't do that... I like to live a little!!! But that is so great!!!" (umm was that a compliment!!!) haha

Q: What is the biggest misconception about women who compete or the one thing you wish people understood?
A: I would have to say that we are not hurting ourselves and that it is healthy. I think a lot of people think it is not healthy!!!

Q: What s the best and worst part of competing?
A: Best- is pushing yourself each day to do the best that you can do... Worst- explaining yourself to people that don't understand your own lifestyle

Q: Your sister Joni, who already did an interview with me, also competes. What is more stressful, watching her on stage or yourself on stage?
A: OMGosh you should have seen me at her first competition- WOW talk about psycho soccer mom... I was a wreck... I wanted her to do sooo well and I was so proud of her... Honestly, I could care less about seeing myself, but my goodness I just want my sister to do AWESOME!!!

Q: D you have a favorite cheat food?
A: Ummm... let me think- Redvines or Outback side salad with their ranch dressing- wow yummy!!!!

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors?
A: JULIE LOHRE!!! I love her!!!

Q: You are also a respected personal trainer. What made you decide to start training others?
A: I majored in physical therapy for two years and changes my degree to Strength and Conditioning/Physical Education/Personal Training... I not only wanted to help change a person on how they looked but I wanted to help change a person on how they saw them self personally. A good personal trainer can give you results... But a great personal trainer will teach you all the tools that you will need in life to reach and maintain your goals!!!

Q: What is the best part of training other people?
A: The friendships!!! You spend a lot of time with these people- coaching them everyday via email, text or phone calls... You develop a special bond for sure!!!

Q: If someone was interested in your services how can they contact you or find out more about it, and what are they getting in being trained by Jennifer Winright-Main?
A: Email PersonalTrainerMain@yahoo.com Call 513.673.1468 My webpage is being worked on... coming soon!!! Jen Main Fitness Workshop- Boot Camps, One on One Training, Group Training, Exercise Program Design, Consultation, Supplements, Nutrition Plan and more!!! At Jen Main Fitness Workshop you are getting the one on one time, focus and treatment for a great cost!!!

Q: Outside of training, any other hobbies or activities you enjoy?
A: I love playing with my girls!!! I also enjoy playing basketball and watching movies!!!

Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Jennifer Winright-Main.
A: 6 AM- wake up with the hubbie- Make us breakfast and pack his lunch- clean (laundry and pack up for the day) 7 AM- daily emails. daily goals, organize training info. 8 AM Feed the girls and pack up for the gym- Workout, Train 12 AM Feed the girls- then their nap time.

Q: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
A: That I have two little girls and an owner of my business!!!

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show, and musician?
A: Robert Patterson- wow I am in love.. Right now- twilight... TV show- American Idol... Musician- Alicia Keys.

Q: Describe Jennifer Winright-Main in five words.
A: Determined, Ambitious, Generous, Outgoing, Unselfish.

Q: Any set plans in the near future as far as competing or anything else?
A: Yes March 27, 2010 Northern KY Bikini with my sister and I am also planning on doing the Cincinnati.

Q: Anything you want to take this time to plug or promote?
A: Well def. Jen Main Fitness Workshop- A New Beginning!!! Email PersonalTrainerMain@yahoo.com for more info!!! And also Collins and Co. Hair salon!!! Go get your hair did by my sissy- Joni Winright!!! I only trust her with my hair!!! :)

Q: Are you looking for sponsors? If so, how can they contact you and what are they getting in Jennifer winright-Main the athlete and competitor?
A: Wow, that would be nice!!! As a competitor, they will not only be getting some one who will work they butt off, they will have some one that will take pride in their company and make sure they represent them professionally in all aspects of life. I am someone that wants to make a difference a little at a time :)

Q: Jennifer, again, I thank you for taking the time to do this. Any last words before you go?
Q: Savor each moment and wake up every morning knowing that you have a purpose!!! Thank you Jason:)

No comments:

Post a Comment