Thursday, January 7, 2010

Aubrie Richeson Interivew

Remember this name.....Aubrie Richeson. If you follow the Fitness industry, it is a name that you are going to hear a lot of. A beautiful woman, with an amazing hard earned body, and such a very nice woman, she has everything that is needed to be a star, and she will. She is on her way now, as people already are taking notice. Aubrie is one of my great influences, and just looking at her you can see why, but there is so much more to her than what is visible. In fact as beautiful as she is on the outside, she is more so on the inside. If you know Aubrie, you know she is incredible, if you don't know Aubrie, let me introduce you to a future star in the Fitness industry


Q:, Aubrie, first let me thank you for doing this. You know I think the world of you, and am so happy you agreed to this.
A: Jason I think what you're doing to help all of the female fitness athletes out there is great. It takes time to get these interviews ready and it's a blessing to be on your blog- so thank you!

Q: Can yous tart out by just telling a little about yourself. Family, where you are from, things like that.
AL Well I grew up in a teeny town in Southern Utah, 200 people tops! It was great as a kid, no worrying about scary people and it let the imagination run crazy. I am the fifth of seven children- needless to say when it comes to family get togethers, they're pretty lively. Things were always pretty tight so we were taught to value everything we had, from toys, to the rusty car, to our relationships with others. During that time we also had to value what was on the table-which was usually Hamburger Helper, not the healthiest thing to be on the menu.

Q: Before getting into fitness, were you an especially athletic person? Play any sports?
A: I did run cross country once in high school but found out listening to others was not something I enjoyed doing. I basically was found in the weight room with the guys or down at the middle school gym, where my mother worked.

Q: What made you decide to start training and get into the gym?
A: Most people don't believe it but I was quite chunky from being young to my mid teens. I was made fun of and decided I need to make a change. I loved the weights from the very beginning and it stuck ever since.

A: Was it something you picked up quickly, how long before you started seeing results?
A: Thanks to my mother who was a bodybuilder in the '80's, I had the right person teaching me proper form which led to results that began to show within four months of starting.

Q: Obviously you are amazingly beautiful. Does that ever cause a problem at the gym. People trying to talk or hit on you, or distract you?
A: You know people talk to me daily at the gym, most of the time I don't mind. You've always got to think not only about yourself, but of them as well. How would you feel if you tried to talk to someone and they just kept ignoring you? So I do my best to talk to those that approach me, I enjoy socializing a bit but often keep it short when it's at the gym.

Q: You have done one figure show, if I am correct. What made you decide to compete, and can you talk a little about the show?
A: Well I've done two actually, once right before I turned 19 and the other before 20. My first show was somewhat of a nightmare, I had no idea what I was doing, didn't hire a trainer, did not pose correctly, and only dieted for 5 weeks. But I'm so grateful I got up there. Had I not I may still be sitting in the crowd wondering just what it would be like in those lights. I placed 6th my first show, revamped my workouts, researched and began my diet at 16 weeks out for my second show and ended up placing 2nd. It was such a great feeling to get that trophy.

Q: Is competing something you plan to do more of?
A: Absolutely, it may not be until fall of 2010 however. I love being up on stage and will be trying out the bikini so keep an eye out for me!

Q: Did your family and friends support you competing?
A: They were a bunch of help. Until I decided to compete they did call me crazy for spending much of my money on supplements and tubs and tubs of protein powder, but I knew it would pay off.

Q: Why figure, over say, bodybuilding?
A: I feel much more feminine being in heels than I would showing all just how wide my lats are. Not to say I don't think that sport is amazing. And those women are awe inspiring for how much work it takes to get where they are.

Q: What do you feel is your best body part, or the one you get the most compliments on?
A: While when I started I got most compliment from my abs, I now receive most comments on my legs. While they've always been muscular, thanks to muscle maturity I've been seeing more cuts in them. It took long enough! lol

Q: Do you have a favorite part to train or favorite exercise?
A: My favorite body part to train would have to be legs. I give it my all when I train legs and keep to training them Saturdays, that way I can relax the day after when I have a hard time walking down the steps due to how sore they are.

Q: What is your normal training routine and diet like?
A: I'll eat 5-6 small meals a day. I keep my carbs pretty low year round simply because I have two desk jobs so there's no huge need for stored carbohydrates. Usually I train a body part per day with 20-30 minutes of cardio following my weights, but lately I've been doing timed workouts, somewhat like Cross Fit training and tossing in a bit of Tabata training as well. It keeps me interested and gets me out of bed during these freezing winter months.

Q: When people see your figure or hear you train for the first time, what is the most common reaction? More positive or negative?
A: For a long time it was negative, but that could be because I was in high school and high school kids are in no way nice. Now that most of them have grown up they have questions about training and I do what I can to help.

Q: When they see it or hear that first time, what is the one question you are sick of hearing?
A: I always like to help people, I only get sick of repeated questions from the same person. I once told one girl what my diet consists of four times! Write it down for goodness sakes.

Q: Are there any misconceptions about women who train, or things you wish people knew?
A: A huge thing I wish women would get out of their heads is that lifting heavy will make them monstrous. This is so not true and lifting heavy is how I got to where I am. Feeling strong is something amazing and lifting more than 10 pounds will not give you bulging biceps.

Q: If someone came up to you and said they wanted to start training, what is the one piece of advice you would want to give them?
A: Always remember diet plays a huge role. Learn proper form and tell yourself your goals daily. The power of thought is something to use to your advantage!

Q: What does it mean to you when someone says that you inspire them?
A: I think every time I hear it I get a huge grin on my face. It's one of THE best compliments anyone can receive and it means so much, it's what helps me stay inspired!

Q: Pretty much everyone who knows or follows the industry knows you are on your on your way to being a star in this industry. What does that mean to you to know so many people think so highly of you?
A: It's almost indescribable, I knew I had goals to make it wherever I decided to focus, but having other people behind me as well is such a great feeling-I get butterflies just thinking about it! I have to say thank you to all those that helped me get where I am, without the help of others I'm not sure I'd be close to where I am today.

Q: Do you have any favorite competitors or people you admire?
A: Jamie Eason is a huge inspiration to me. She's so sweet to everyone and one of the most genuine people I have ever met. It's obviously helped get her where she is today.

Q: You also do training. If someone wanted to be trained by you, how can they contact you, and what are the benefits of being trained by Aubrie Richeson?
A: I can always be reached through any of the sites I have, whether it be myspace, facebook, bodyspace or my upcoming site. As of right now I do not offer online training but that will be coming as soon as I have my site up. I always believe in helping my clients realize that they aren't going to the gym for anyone. They're doing it for themselves, because they deserve to feel great about themselves. I do my best to transfer such optimism to my clients that they are in inspired and motivated from the first step of the day, to the last. It's all in what you believe.

Q: You also do fitness modeling. What about that do you enjoy?
A: Fitness modeling is something I've always had my eye on since I started lifting. I love collaborating with photographers and coming up with new looks. Plus, the shoots are all about you! For that couple of hours it's time for you.

Q: If someone wanted to contact you for a shoot, how should they do that?
A: Many models and photographers have a modelmayhem site, which would be one of the best ways to contact me. There is also myshootmanager.com, it's a more low key site for models and photographers, facebook always works too. :)

Q: Do you have a website or any place people can see more of you?
A: I have a website in the making, it may not be done for quite awhile but the link is www.aubriericheson.com This site is also where I'll post some diet tips, modeling tips, how to get you started, and videos of my workouts.

Q: Do you find yourself being recognized in public yet? A: You know it was the craziest thing to have a couple people ask if I was Aubrie Richeson during the Olympia in Vegas. It feels good to know the hard work is really paying off.

Q: Do a lot of friends ask for diet tips?
A: They do, and while I love helping I don't think they understand how much discipline it takes to stick to the diet for longer than a couple days.

Q: Do you have a favorite cheat food?
A: I think anyone else that diets and does low carb will say anything that's loaded with carbs. I think if I had to choose a favorite though it would be a cheese stuffed pasta like torellini or ravioli.


Q: What is one thing about Aubrie Richeson that people would be surprised to know?
A: I'm extremely shy! I do my best to hide it but I always wonder what people are thinking as crazy as that is. Most people probably didn't know I grew up in such a small town either or that I had to push start my first car-makes you really appreciate a good starter though haha.

Q: Any hobbies or activities you enjoy, besides training?
A: I do scrap book when I have time, but having picked up classes here and there for school it's tough to do anything besides study, train and work. I'm also a big reader and especially enjoy inspirational books.


Q: Can you describe a typical day in the life of Aubrie Richeson.
A: Well, lets see... I'm up at about 5:30am and at the gym around six, where I train. After that I head home to return emails and keep my sites up to date, off to work as the office manager of a real estate brokerage. I work a half day there then head to my second job as a receptionist for a chiropractic clinic (which I love by the way, if you haven't tried it, look for a Gonstead doctor), after that I'm headed home to eat my final meal of the day and hit the sheets-I'm an early bird.

Q: Favorite actor, movie, TV show, and musician.
A: Hmmm I don't' believe I have a favorite actor but I do love Tim Burton's movies and you can usually expect Johnny Depp to be involved, we'll say he's my favorite for now. My favorite movie right now is The Ugly Truth, such a funny film. I don't watch tv often because I find reading to be more entertaining and worth my time, but CSI is a favorite when I do watch and Two and a Half Men. Music really varies with what I do, I'll listen to country, metal, electronic and pop; it really depends on my mood.

Q: Describe Aubrie Richeson in five words.
A: Caring, Authentic, Up-&-Down, Positive, and sometimes ADD

Q: Any set plans for 2010 as far as maybe competing or any other projects?
A: A huge project is moving to San Diego, I plan on being there by June of 2010 which is why competing may be on hold until fall. I'm also getting more into commercial modeling and have a Nordic Track ad that should be airing any day now.

Q: Anything you want to plug that I may have skipped?
A: Don't forget to check my website, I'll keep everyone updated on its progress as it comes.

www.aubriericheson.com

Q: Sponsors are always important. IF you compete are you looking for sponsors, if so, how should they contact you, and as if it obvious based on how you look and rising popularity, tell them why it is good to sponsor Aubrie Richeson?
A: I'd greatly appreciate a sponsor! I know that by being authentic to everyone my name will spread to more and more people. By having a company sponsor their name too would reach more and more people in the fitness industry and even out of the industry- don't forget I'm a trainer and am talking to people new to the scene on a daily basis.

Q: Aubrie, again, I can not thank you enough. I am an admirer, a fan, and have such amazing respect for you. I look forward to watching you become a bigger and bigger star in the fitness industry. Anything you want to add before you go?
A: I'd just like to say thank you again. You can never be grateful enough for the people that truly care for you in your life.

1 comment:

  1. Good interview Jason. Aubrie is a special lady and a real inspiration.

    ReplyDelete